13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 4:10 PM by Jesper Pedersen

Resource Adapter config

Earnest Dyke Novice

Greetings all,

I have a developed a JCA/Resource Adapter that I am now trying to deploy. I want to configure the connections via the JBoss admin console and not in the ironjacamar.xml file. So when I package my .rar the ironjacamar.xml has only the <ironjacamar> root node and nothing else. When I try to deploy the .rar I get the following error:

Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

I cannot find out how to specify that the adapter is outbound via annotations. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all relevant responses!

Earnie!

• 1. Re: Resource Adapter config
          Jesper Pedersen Master

Use the RAR info tool from IronJacamar 1.1 to get a sample deployment descriptor: http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/tools.html#tools_rarinfo

• 2. Re: Resource Adapter config
            Earnest Dyke Novice

I am using Ironjacamar 1.0.11. Is the rar-info tool a 1.1 feature?

Earnie!

• 3. Re: Resource Adapter config
              Jesper Pedersen Master

Standalone tool in the IronJacamar distribution.

You won't see IronJacamar 1.1 inside AS until version 8+

• 4. Re: Resource Adapter config
                Earnest Dyke Novice

I have downloaded 1.0.13.Final and I do not see rar-info.sh /.bat!?!

Earnie!

• 5. Re: Resource Adapter config
                  Jesper Pedersen Master

1.1.0.Beta3

• 6. Re: Resource Adapter config
                    Earnest Dyke Novice

Downloaded 1.1.0.Beta3 and ran rar-info.bat on my .rar file and the message was:

JCA annotations aren't supported

?

Earnie!

• 7. Re: Resource Adapter config
                      Earnest Dyke Novice

Let me restate my problem.

I have create a JCA 1.6 Resource Adapter using Annotations. I want to configure the connections outside the .rar (via the JBoss management console) so my ironjacamar.xml contains only the root node (no <connection-definitions>. Using annotations I do not see where within the config I can specify that the resource adapter is outbound.

Earnie!

• 8. Re: Resource Adapter config
                        Jesper Pedersen Master

If there is no default activation of the resource adapter you don't need the ironjacamar.xml file.

Follow the schema for the :resource-adapters: subsystem to activate the resource adapter - there are numerous examples on this.

• 9. Re: Resource Adapter config
                          Earnest Dyke Novice

Removed ironjacamar.xml from META-INF, redployed and this is the exception:

10:48:14,180 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-7) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."Trilogie-JCA.rar".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."Trilogie-JCA.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "Trilogie-JCA.rar"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:123) [jboss-as-server-7.1.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.1.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.GA-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.GA-redhat-1]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:172)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:116) [jboss-as-server-7.1.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.1.2.Final-redhat-1]

... 5 more

Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ResourceAdapter1516Impl.validate(ResourceAdapter1516Impl.java:333)

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ConnectorAbstractmpl.validate(ConnectorAbstractmpl.java:305)

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:129)

... 6 more

Earnie!

• 10. Re: Resource Adapter config
                            Jesper Pedersen Master

Use latest snapshot or EAP 6.0.1. And it looks like you are missing some metadata (annotations) for outbound or inbound.

Post the structure of your .rar.

• 11. Re: Resource Adapter config
                              Earnest Dyke Novice

Turns out this was a packaging problem on my side. The .jar containing the resource adapter was not being included in the .rar.

Thanks for the help Jesper!

Earnie!

• 12. Re: Resource Adapter config
                                Laxmi Rathore Newbie

hello Jasper.

I have created custom adapter. When i am trying to deploye this rar in  jboss-eap-6.1, i am getting same error as above. My rar sturcture is:

1. META-INF-----[ Manifiest.mf

maven

2. org

3. connector jar.

stack trace in jboss is:

09:50:19,954 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS017100: Listening on 127.0.0.1:9999

09:50:19,972 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-6) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:/D:/jboss/jboss-eap-6.1.0/jboss-eap-6.1/modul

e/org/jboss/teiid/resource-adapter/webservice/main/./

09:50:20,458 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010406: Registered connection factory java:/wsDS

09:50:20,467 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-6) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/D:/jboss/jboss-eap-6.1.0/jboss-eap-6.1/modules/system/layers/

/resource-adapter/webservice/main/./

09:50:20,479 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010401: Bound JCA ConnectionFactory [java:/wsDS]

09:50:21,261 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INS

service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "connector

a2-SNAPSHOT.rar"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:127) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897) [rt.jar:1.6.0]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919) [rt.jar:1.6.0]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736) [vm.jar:1.6.0]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must cont

nd or inbound configuration

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.process(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:209)

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:126)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:120) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]

... 5 more

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ResourceAdapter1516Impl.validate(ResourceAdapter1516Impl.java:352)

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ConnectorAbstractmpl.validate(ConnectorAbstractmpl.java:332)

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.process(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:181)

... 7 more

09:50:21,474 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "translator-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.jar" (runtime-name : "translator-kairosDB

OT.jar")

09:50:21,486 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "kairosvdb.xml" (runtime-name : "kairosvdb.xml")

09:50:21,506 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "kairos1-vdb.xml" (runtime-name : "kairos1-vdb.xml")

09:50:21,521 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar" (runtime-name : "connector-kairosDB-8

.rar")

09:50:21,546 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in ser

t.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar"

09:50:21,846 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015961: Http management interface listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990/management

09:50:21,859 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015951: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

09:50:21,874 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015875: JBoss EAP 6.1.0.GA (AS 7.2.0.Final-redhat-8) started (with errors) in 32784ms - Started 220 of 283 services (

missing dependencies, 61 services are passive or on-demand).

Help is completely appreciated. Thanks.

Laxmi

• 13. Re: Resource Adapter config
                                  Jesper Pedersen Master

Upgrade to EAP 6.3.0.Alpha or WildFly 8 and try again.