3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 8:07 AM by tsurdilovic

Business Process has a Task Form attached?

chetansh

Hello,

How can I identify via code if a Business Process has a Form attached to it?

Regards,

Chetan

• 1. Re: Business Process has a Task Form attached?
          tsurdilovic

The process and task form file names follow structure:

process form: <process-id>-taskform.ftl

task form: <task-id>-taskform.ftl

You could then lookup in your used repository if those files exist.

HTH

• 2. Re: Business Process has a Task Form attached?
            chetansh

So you are saying if there is a ftl form with the name Humantask.ftl which is attached to Human task Node in the Business Process.

Will this be present in Guvnor under the name Humantask-taskform.ftl. So i will have to check in Guvnor for the same? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I dont understand the scenario for <process-id>-taskform.ftl. Where will I have an FTL file attached for the entire process?

BTW we are using JBPM 5.4.0

Anyways thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

Chet

• 3. Re: Business Process has a Task Form attached?
              tsurdilovic

You have the process form (shown for example when your process execution starts) and human task forms. Currently the processid attribute you set in the process properties and the taskName attributes you set on tasks control the name of the forms that should exist either in your Guvnor repository (if you are using Guvnor) or in your classpath. Those are not "attached" to your process definition (do not become part of the BPMN2) so in order to see if your process has a task form defined and/or if your human tasks have their task forms defined you would have to determine the file name first with the above mentioned rules, and then check either in your repository or on classpath if it exists or not.

If you generate your forms in Designer, yes, as you mentioned the form files will be created and uploaded into Guvnor for you.

HTH