9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 8:02 AM by jeromej

404 errors

jeromej

Hi,

Using PortletBridge 3.1.2.Final
      RichFaces 4.2.3.Final
      GateIn 3.2.6 (eXo 3.5.5)
      JSF 2.1.8

After launching the portal, and then launching a portlet, I get five "404 errors" in Firebug or Chrome developer tools with urls like below:

Request URL:http://localhost:8080/portal/salarie-sg/operations/verser/saisirvv?portal%3AwindowState=normal&portal%3AcomponentId=p_2c04a93e-20fe-46d8-b5e0-76a28d449f24&portal%3AcacheLevel=PAGE&resourcestate=JBPNS_rO0ABXd2ABRqYXZheC5mYWNlcy5yZXNvdXJjZQAAAAEAUW9yZy5yaWNoZmFjZXMuc3RhdGljUmVzb3VyY2UvNC4yLjMuRmluYWwvUGFja2VkQ29tcHJlc3NlZC9wbGFpbi9wYWNrZWQvcGFja2VkLmNzcwAHX19FT0ZfXw**&portal%3Atype=resource&portal%3AportletMode=view
      Request Method:GET
      Status Code:404 Introuvable

Query String Parameters
      portal:windowState:normal
      portal:componentId:p_2c04a93e-20fe-46d8-b5e0-76a28d449f24
      portal:cacheLevel:PAGE
      resourcestate:JBPNS_rO0ABXd2ABRqYXZheC5mYWNlcy5yZXNvdXJjZQAAAAEAUW9yZy5yaWNoZmFjZXMuc3RhdGljUmVzb3VyY2UvNC4yLjMuRmluYWwvUGFja2VkQ29tcHJlc3NlZC9wbGFpbi9wYWNrZWQvcGFja2VkLmNzcwAHX19FT0ZfXw**
      portal:type:resource
      portal:portletMode:view

Each error is attached to one element localized in the header:
      <link class="ExHead-p_2c04a93e-20fe-46d8-b5e0-76a28d449f24" href="/portal/salarie-sg/operations/verser/saisirvv?portal%3AwindowState=normal&portal%3AcomponentId=p_2c04a93e-20fe-46d8-b5e0-76a28d449f24&portal%3AcacheLevel=PAGE&resourcestate=JBPNS_rO0ABXd2ABRqYXZheC5mYWNlcy5yZXNvdXJjZQAAAAEAUW9yZy5yaWNoZmFjZXMuc3RhdGljUmVzb3VyY2UvNC4yLjMuRmluYWwvUGFja2VkQ29tcHJlc3NlZC9wbGFpbi9wYWNrZWQvcGFja2VkLmNzcwAHX19FT0ZfXw**&portal%3Atype=resource&portal%3AportletMode=view" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

But url is pretty long and I don't know where exactly it wants to get this stylesheet.
      Do you've any idea about this "404 errors" ? is there a jira about a bug like this ?

Jerome

• 1. Re: 404 errors
          kenfinni

Jerome,

It might be a bug, but it's not a known one if it is.

The best way to determine what is happening is to see where in the generated html those broken urls are coming from, which can be done with browser developer tools, so that you can determine whether the broken urls are from your code, RichFaces, or somewhere else.

Ken

• 2. Re: 404 errors
            jeromej

Hi Ken,

Thanks for answer,

Is the parameter resourcestate=JBPNS_rO0A...... generated by portletBridge ? in fact, we don't know who generates this parameter ?

• 3. Re: 404 errors
              kenfinni

It's generated by the GateIn Portlet Container so that when it receives the request, it deconstructs that string to know which portlet and parameters, etc need to be passed to it.

• 4. Re: 404 errors
                toomtooms

Hi,

I have built a sample basic portlet with

PortletBridge 3.1.2.Final

RichFaces 4.2.3.Final

JSF 2.1.8

and I can reproduced the issue on GateIn 3.5.

Here is the source project.

The cause seems to be the RichFaces skin param in the web.xml (org.richfaces.skin). I reproduce the issue with the value 'plain'. No 404 with the others skins.

Thomas

• 5. Re: 404 errors
                  jeromej

Hi,

Thanks Thomas,

In effect i think it's a good way, we'll watch how to use "plain" with gatein/eXo (or a workaround ...)

Jerome

• 6. Re: 404 errors
                    kenfinni

Jerome,

I believe you've hit the error mentioned in:

https://community.jboss.org/message/611556

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RF-11103

Ken

• 7. Re: 404 errors
                      jeromej

yeah it is really this.

we can see : "JSF 1064 unable to find or serve resource, /4.2.3.Final/Packed/plain/packed/packed.css". in gatein/eXo logs too  ...

Jerome

• 8. Re: 404 errors
                        kenfinni

Not sure what it looks like, but you could try "NULL" or "DEFAULT" as a skin name instead, as there are definitely resources available for those.

• 9. Re: 404 errors
                          jeromej

With "NULL" or "DEFAULT" we dont've 404 errors, but we lost the most part of the custom skin we've made.

so we can't use this parameter.