2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 10:32 AM by ssilvert

CLI error?  Module deploy trying to deploy to local machine on remote session.

sboscarine

Hello All,

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  I am trying to deploy a local jar to a remote server as a global module.  The CLI command works great locally, but fails remotely.

My remote server is Linux and my local machine is windows.  I am running EAP 6.0.1 on JDK 7. 

Connect to remote

C:\Users\sboscarine\workspace\myproject>jboss-cli.bat  --connect controller=myremoteserver:9999 --user=admin --password=password

Add module. 

• From the prompt, can't I assume it connected to myremoteserver correctly?
      • I installed it already on my local machine to the path returned, so it's complaining about that windows path on my local machine.  myremoteserver is a Linux machine.
      [standalone@myremoteserver:9999 /] module add --name=com.myemployer.placeholder --resources=placeholder\target\placeholder-6.6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
      Module com.myemployer.placeholder already exists at C:\tools\jboss-eap-6.0\modules\com\myemployer\placeholder\main

Next command...not really relevant to bug.  I assume it's hitting locally as well.

[standalone@myremoteserver:9999 /] /subsystem=ee:write-attribute(name="global-modules",value=[{"name" => "com.myemployer.placeholder","slot" => "main"}])
      {"outcome" => "success"}
      [standalone@myremoteserver:9999 /]

Did I do that correctly?