2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 10:40 AM by cantide5ga

    Tips on creating a Jmeter sampler to work with Arquillian?

    cantide5ga Newbie

      The details are heavy with Jmeter, but I do believe configuring things to work with Arquillian will allow me to press on.

       

      I am attempting to load-test a Selenium WebDriver test as a JUnit Request.  This is for a Seam application and the test runs with Arquillian. I see my Junit 4 annotated classes and methods, however, upon running I receive a NullPointerException in the Response Data when a test method attempts to use an injected object.

       

      My setup: 

      - selenium-java and selenium-server-standalone in /lib

      - Test JAR in /lib/junit

      - JAR dependencies to /lib as needed

       

      Given the current issues, what are some things I could try?  Does my setup and environment suggest any other caveats?

        • 1. Re: Tips on creating a Jmeter sampler to work with Arquillian?
          Karel Piwko Master

          Hello,

           

          from the approaches I've seen the best one was to put a man-in-the-middle proxy in between WebDriver and AS and let the proxy record the test for you. Not sure how/if ever that setup could be done with JMeter.

           

          Do I read correctly that the test works fine when run from JUnit (IDE, Maven), but it does not work when it is run via JMeter?

          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tips on creating a Jmeter sampler to work with Arquillian?
            cantide5ga Newbie

            Thanks for the reply Karel.

             

            from the approaches I've seen the best one was to put a man-in-the-middle proxy in between WebDriver and AS and let the proxy record the test for you. Not sure how/if ever that setup could be done with JMeter.

             

            Can you elaborate?  I'm open to other load testing options beyond Jmeter.

             

            Do I read correctly that the test works fine when run from JUnit (IDE, Maven), but it does not work when it is run via JMeter?

             

             

            This is correct.

             

            Some things have changed since the original post: I created a trial-run project seperate from the pre-existing project and the multitude of tests, but to mimic the POM.  Integrating Jmeter with Arquillian using the standard Junit sampler was successful.  For the time being, I have concluded that this is not an issue with Arquillian.

             

            The issue now lies elsewhere in Jmeter not being able to access the host (in the original project) as suggested by the logs.  The problem is no longer in scope of this forum and I have moved my discussion to the Jmeter mailing list.  However, I would love to hear from others that have connected all of this together before.

             

            Thanks again.