4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 9:07 AM by rhauch

Status of multi-site clustering

piratew

Hi guys,

I've read https://community.jboss.org/message/733454 which discusses exactly a solution that I would like to see in our application where multiple sites would have to be able to access the same information. The information should be in sync, but when the connection of a node in the cluster i.e. one site in a list of sites, loses its connection the deployed modeshape instance would still be able to view all information in its local system. Multi site clustering seems to do the trick, but I can't find much information about this on this forum or in the documentation. I would like to know the status, security concepts and how it works effectively. Is there any news about this topic and how far it is completed in modeshape 3.1?

regards,

Michael

• 1. Re: Status of multi-site clustering
          piratew

Hi guys,

is there anyone who can answer this question?

regards,

Michael

• 2. Re: Status of multi-site clustering
            rhauch

The most recent I can recall is Bela Ban's video that shows how this works with Infinispan 5.2 (which hasn't yet been released to final). I think the challenge is that they've been making substantial improvements in 5.2 to make this far more efficient. I recommend contacting the Infinispan team to see if it's worth trying with 5.1. (Multi-site configuration is all transparent to ModeShape.)

You could try using ModeShape 3.1.0.Final with Infinispan 5.2.0.CR2 except that a pretty critical state-transfer bug prevents proper startup for caches that use eviction. See ISPN-2712 for details (we're tracking this with our own MODE-1754).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Status of multi-site clustering
              piratew

Hi Randall,

thanks for the info. So if I understand you correct multi site clustering is more an infinispan thing than a modeshape thing? So modeshape just acts on a higher abstraction level than infinispan?

regards,

Michael

• 4. Re: Status of multi-site clustering
                rhauch

So if I understand you correct multi site clustering is more an infinispan thing than a modeshape thing? So modeshape just acts on a higher abstraction level than infinispan?

Yes on both counts.