2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 11:25 AM by nl

image sequencer producing a lock

nl

Hi,

I am using ModeShape 3.1 with a simple binary file storage and the default image sequencer. My test jpeg image is about 1MB big so it should be persisted (threshold is 4096 bytes).

What I do in my test case is I "load" that image twice into my repository. First write succeeded second write hangs in FileSystemBinaryStore.saveTempFileToStore (line 161) because there is still a read-lock on that key.

And this lock seems to come from the image sequencer (from what I can see this is the latest one requiring a read-lock).

If I remove that sequencer from my configuration, the update works as expected.

Any idea?

Thanks, Niels

• 1. Re: image sequencer producing a lock
          rhauch

I suspect the image sequencer is failing to close the stream because of a failure. Can you try it with one of our test images? At least it will tell us if it's image-specific. Would you mind logging this so that we can change the sequencer to always close the stream? We'll fix this in the 3.1.1.Final patch release (which I've tentatively scheduled for 2 weeks from today, tho we're flexible on the date).

UPDATE: I've already logged this as MODE-1762 to be slightly more general against all the sequencers, just so that we check them. No need to log another one.

• 2. Re: image sequencer producing a lock
            nl

It works if I use minimumBinarySizeInBytes=4096, but if I lower it to 1024 it also hangs again...