6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2013 5:49 AM by tadayosi

JBoss ESB messy code

zhlwjy

I translate csv to xml use smooks in Jboss ESB, when my csv file have chinese , then the xml result have messy code like this;

the csv content:

1,中国,101,test1,2012/2/25 0:00:00,10,123

the message stdout:

16:49:57,787 INFO  [STDOUT] [锘?,涓浗,101,test1,2012/2/25 0:00:00,10,123

].

I export csv file use UTF8 ,then the messy code will appear , but when i use default (OS ansi code), the message will be OK.

So, I must use char code that is same with OS ? how can I control the encoding of the char by myself?

• 1. Re: JBoss ESB messy code
          zhlwjy

I must have my custom action to change the encoding code of message content ? Is anyway to solve this problem without to coding?

• 2. Re: JBoss ESB messy code
            tadayosi

Hello,

Did you set up the character encoding properly in the csv-to-xml smooks config?  This would be like below:

<csv:reader ... encoding="..." />

HTH

• 3. Re: JBoss ESB messy code
              zhlwjy

Hi Sato

Thank you very much for your reply! use your methord ,I have right xml data.

But I have another question:

Can i control the encoding of the csv data which I read from csv file before i make csv to xml ?

The esb read csv data to the message, this step ,can i do something ? because i print the csv data also have messy code !

• 4. Re: JBoss ESB messy code
                zhlwjy

Hi Sato

Another problem:

the first char that also have messy code , and other data is ok !

the csv content:

1,中国,101,test1,2012/2/25 0:00:00,10,123

the xml content:

<ClassID>?1</ClassID><ClassName>中国</ClassName>.............

I use .net 2010 make the csv file with UTF-8,this error happend!

But i make this csv file Manual in OS , then the data do not hava messy code !

• 5. Re: JBoss ESB messy code
                  zhlwjy

I find that if i use UTF-8(false) to encoding the csv file ,then the data is OK.

I think that UTF-8 = UTF-8(true) in EBS, so <csv:reader ... encoding="UTF-8" /> can not be right to encode .

Thank you for sato to reply my question so kindly!

• 6. Re: JBoss ESB messy code
                    tadayosi

I guess your UTF-8 encoded CSV file had BOM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark). Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you could solve the issue