1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 3:30 AM by valdemar

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest"

valdemar

Hello Everyone,

I'm facing a problem when running my application with the jboss AS 5 in eclipse,

Searched a coupple of instructions and followed.

Basically what I did in order to solve the problem was;

1st - See if there were some duplicated libraries

2nd - Remove the duplicated libraries in my application (THE ONES THAT ARE ALREADY IN MY JBOSS COMMON LIBRARY)

3rd - Test the application...

So, all the steps where strickly followed, in fact there were 2 libraries in my application that were also in jboss' library, respectively (the sevlet-api.jar and the common-logging.jar)

When I removed the existing SERVLET-API.jar(which exists in jboss common lib) in my application's library a new set of error messages was thrown:

•      fszip:%JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/<MY_WAR_NAME> -> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HttpServlet
      •     ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Real: name=vfszip:/%JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/<MY_WAR_NAME> state=PreReal mode=Manual requiredState=Real

org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error during deploy: vfszip:/%JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/<MY_WAR_NAME>

And I removed the commons-logging.jar as well and another set of erros I get...

•      NoClassFoundException....

But Now, I have returned to the step 0, i.e, the one that I had before trying to solve the problem.

BUT THE POINT IS. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest"

Help is Welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Valdemar