0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 4:42 AM by charlie7

OSGI Blueprint Issues

charlie7

This is my current Architecture

1.    SiApp is an OSGI project which contains two interfaces EchoService and BounceService.

2.    SIExampleService is an OSGI project :: contains EchoServiceImpl which is the implementaion class of the Interface : EchoService and this is configured via blueprint

<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0">

<bean id="echoservice"

class="com.clink.services.echo.EchoServiceImpl">

</bean>

<service ref="echoservice"

interface="com.clink.services.interfaces.EchoService" />

</blueprint>

3.  SIExampleService2 is an OSGI project :: contains BounceServiceImpl which is the implementaion class of the Interface :  BounceService

BounceServiceImpl also contains a reference to EchoService which is configured via blueprint

<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0">

<reference id="echoservice" 

interface="com.clink.services.interfaces.EchoService" />

<bean id="bounceservice"

class="com.clink.services.bounce.BounceServiceImpl">

<property name="echoService" ref="echoservice" />

</bean>

<service ref="bounceservice"

interface="com.clink.services.interfaces.BounceService" />

</blueprint>

4.    SIWeb is a Webpp which contains a servlet-- MainServlet

MainServlet contains instances of both EchoService and BounceService

These are configured via BundleContext.

private EchoService echoService;

private BounceService bounceService;

@Resource

private BundleContext context;

ServiceReference sref = context.getServiceReference(EchoService.class.getName());

echoService = (EchoService)context.getService(sref);

For the Main servlet we use both the instances and print it out

String message = echoService.quack("ECHO");

message = message + bounceService.ping("BOUNCE");

PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

out.println(message);

out.close();

The output is ECHO--ECHOBOUNCE

BounceServiceImpl internally again calls EchoService as mentioned in point no 3 , hence ECHOBOUNCE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue : 1

=======

Now If I change the implementaion class EchoServiceImpl inside SIExampleService to add something ,build it, deploy it start the bundle

When I run MainServlet again I get the output as

ECHO--ECHOCHANGEBOUNCE

The new bundle of SIExampleService is only reflected for SIExampleService2 called via bounceService.ping("BOUNCE")

and not in the instance of MainServlet which is called via echoService.quack("ECHO");

Shouldn't it auomatically get reflected in both the scenarios?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue : 2

=======

Now If I change the implementaion class BounceServiceImpl inside SIExampleService2 , I get the following Exception

org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ServiceUnavailableException: The Blueprint container is being or has been destroyed

org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ReferenceRecipe.getService(ReferenceRecipe.java:197)

org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ReferenceRecipe.access$000(ReferenceRecipe.java:50)

org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ReferenceRecipe$ServiceDispatcher.call(ReferenceRecipe.java:227)

org.apache.aries.proxy.impl.ProxyHandler$1.invoke(ProxyHandler.java:54)

org.apache.aries.proxy.impl.ProxyHandler.invoke(ProxyHandler.java:119)

$Proxy13.quack(Unknown Source)

com.clink.services.bounce.BounceServiceImpl.ping(BounceServiceImpl.java:25)

com.clink.servlet.MainServlet.doGet(MainServlet.java:54)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:734)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)

org.jboss.weld.servlet.ConversationPropagationFilter.doFilter(ConversationPropagationFilter.java:62).

I did not find anything about this Exception ,This exception goes away if I remove the reference in the config.xml to echoService

Please do help me out in these two issue

Thanks in Advance