4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 2:49 PM by johannburkard

Configuration has different effect between 5.1.8.Final and 5.2.0.Final

johannburkard

Hi all,

Manik said that the configuration between 5.1.8.Final and 5.2.0.Final should be compatible. Here's my configuration:

EvictionStrategy strategy = EvictionStrategy.valueOf(configuration.eviction_strategy ?: 'FIFO')

FileCacheStoreConfig storeConfig = new FileCacheStoreConfig()
              storeConfig.fsyncMode(FsyncMode.PER_WRITE).location(configuration.db ?: System.getProperty('java.io.tmpdir'))

DefaultCacheManager cacheManager = new DefaultCacheManager()

cacheManager.defaultConfiguration.fluent().with {
                  // Passivation needs to be false, otherwise cache entries will only be written if evicted!
                  loaders().addCacheLoader(storeConfig).passivation(false).shared(true).preload(true)
                  eviction().maxEntries(configuration.max_entries?.integer ? configuration.max_entries as int : 4096I).strategy(strategy)
                  locking().concurrencyLevel(configuration.threads?.integer ? configuration.threads as int : Runtime.runtime.availableProcessors())
                  jmxStatistics().enabled(true)
              }

Now I have a performance test that writes 10 K entries into a cache. It takes about 90 seconds with 5.1.8.Final and 590 ms with 5.2.0.Final. Also, there are no cache files with 5.2.0.Final which tells me something's wrong.

Can anyone help?

Thanks