2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 3:44 PM by sgold45

Renaming war created by maven fails to deploy

sgold45

maven is creating a test.war in my local repository, but test_<version>.war in the remote repository.

If I deploy the test.war, it works fine.  If I rename test_<version>.war to test.war, it fails to deploy with an error "The requested resource (/test/Test) is not available.

I put a <context-root>test</context_root> in the web-inf/jboss-web.xml file, that didn't help.

What do I have to do so that the renamed file will deploy?

• 1. Re: Renaming war created by maven fails to deploy
          sfcoy

We need a full server.log in order to begin debugging this.

• 2. Re: Renaming war created by maven fails to deploy
            sgold45

To avoid user errors, I started testing with the helloworld app that is part of the JBoss quickstarts.  I use maven and build the helloworld.war file.  In the local repository, it is named helloworld.war, which I can deploy fine.  In the remote repository, it is named helloworld-VERSION-otherstuff.war.  Trying to deploy this file by copying it to the jboss/standalone/deployments file fails with the requested resource is not available error.  Renaming this to simply helloworld.war does deploy, so I must have had a usererror in my initial attempt, sorry.

Is there a way to pull the war file from the remote repository and deploy it on a 2nd system without needing to rename the war?  I'm automating the process and can't know in advance exactly what the filename will be in the remote repository.

I know I can use the maven jboss-as:deploy, but I'm trying to deploy on a 2nd system that doesn't have maven.

Thanks.