I've been working on a workflow that is relatively simple but it should still be a real work example; and I've come up with the following where a workflow is kicked of for an artifact - let's say a war application.
The workflow deploys the artifact into a Dev, QA, Stage or Prod Environment as it proceeds through the process. Different groups receive a notification that the artifact is deployed and that they can proceed with their testing. Depending on the outcome of the testing PASS/FAIL the process proceeds or ends.
Deployment stati are captured as classifications on the artifact along the way:
What do you guys think; is this a realistic scenario?
- I wish there I could add the 'log state into the PASS/FAIL node, just as it is set set to DEV_TEST at deploy time. Still researching that one.
- Do we need to add a validation step?
- Do we need testing in PROD?
- Do we need to loop back to DEV on FAIL?
- Do we need to undeploy on fail?
Let the discussion begin..