1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 11:48 AM by edmund.geesken

Error migrating PojoCache to WebLogic 10.3.6

edmund.geesken

Hello,

I am using pojo cache version 3.0.0 GA (latest release) and the jboss-aop.2.1.8.GA.

I  have reinstrumented (compile time weaving) all my classes using the new jboss-aop.

There is no other aop package in my classpath and i have includes all of the jars included in the distribution into my ear APP-INF/lib directory.

I am trying to upgrade my application from WebLogic 10.3.0 to WebLogic 10.3.6.

The application is productive for more than 3 years.

And now I am getting the following exception:

Caused By: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jboss.aop.instrument.JoinPointGenerator.findAdvisedField(JoinPointGenerator.java:500)

at org.jboss.aop.instrument.JoinPointGenerator.<init>(JoinPointGenerator.java:188)

at org.jboss.aop.instrument.FieldJoinPointGenerator.<init>(FieldJoinPointGenerator.java:86)

at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor$ClassAdvisorStrategy.getJoinPointGenerator(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:1332)

at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.getJoinPointGenerator(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:786)

at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.fullWorkFinalizeFieldChain(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:706)

at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.finalizeFieldReadChain(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:665)

at org.jboss.aop.GeneratedClassAdvisor.finalizeChains(GeneratedClassAdvisor.java:581)

at org.jboss.aop.ClassAdvisor.createInterceptorChains(ClassAdvisor.java:609)

My environment is WebLogic 10.3.6, JDK 1.6_29

I have no idea how to go on further, that is the reason why i am asking you all.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Regards

Edmund

• 1. Re: Error migrating PojoCache to WebLogic 10.3.6
          edmund.geesken

I have found the reason for this exception by myself.

The Exception is fired because the JRockit 1.6_29 returns a null of the method invocation clazz.getDeclaringClass() in JoinPointGenerator.findAdvisedField(......);

After I changed to the Sun JDK 1.6_29 everything works fine and clazz.getDeclaringClass() returns a non null value.

Regards

Edmund