1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2013 2:28 AM by swiderski.maciej

BRMS Could not connect task client

jmiguel77

Hi

I have a running BRMS standalone 5.3 server, and i am working on a client to remotely interact with a BPMN2 process

I can succesfully connect to the guvnor repository, and create a persistent StatefulKnowledgeSession.

I my BRMS server, in the jbpm-human-task.war folder, i have these parameters in the web.xml:

<!-- active configuration on of hornetq|mina|jms (defauls to hornetq) -->

<init-param>

<param-name>active.config</param-name>

<param-value></param-value>

</init-param>

<!-- Apache Mina configuration parameters -->

<init-param>

<param-name>mina.host</param-name>

<param-value>192.168.0.95</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>mina.port</param-name>

<param-value>9123</param-value>

</init-param>

<!-- HornetQ configuration parameters -->

<init-param>

<param-name>hornetq.port</param-name>

<param-value></param-value>

</init-param>

In my application, i am trying to register a WorkItemHandler with this code:

WSHumanTaskHandler wsHandler = new  WSHumanTaskHandler(ksession);

wsHandler.setConnection("192.168.0.95", 9123);

wsHandler.connect();

ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", wsHandler);

But that code is giving me this exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not connect task client

at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.WSHumanTaskHandler.connect(WSHumanTaskHandler.java:118)

at com.ndeveloper.rules.client.BRMSKnowledgeProcessRulesHandler.registerWorkItemHandlers(BRMSKnowledgeProcessRulesHandler.java:187)

at com.ndeveloper.rules.client.BRMSKnowledgeProcessRulesHandler.getKSession(BRMSKnowledgeProcessRulesHandler.java:117)

at com.ndeveloper.rules.client.BRMSKnowledgeProcessRulesHandler.startProcess(BRMSKnowledgeProcessRulesHandler.java:62)

at com.ndeveloper.rules.client.ProcessTest.startProcess(ProcessTest.java:32)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)

at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)

at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)

at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)

at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)

at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)

at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)

at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

What is the problem ??

• 1. Re: BRMS Could not connect task client
          swiderski.maciej

since you want to use mina you need to configure it in web.xml of jbpm-human-task.war as currently it's not set at all which means hornetq is used by default. It is configured via active.config. When you set it to mina you should be able to connect to it with the handler.

HTH