1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2002 4:48 AM by canobi

jboss-ql LIKE problem!

apsona

I am having a problem getting jboss-ql to work with a LIKE parameter clause.

Using JBoss 3.0.4 with XDoclet 1.2beta1 and i mark up my jboss-ql tag as follows:

* @ejb.finder signature="Collection findByRoom(java.lang.Integer roomId)"
      * unchecked="true"
      * query=""
      * @jboss.query signature="Collection findByRoom(java.lang.Integer roomId)"
      * strategy="on-load"
      * query="SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM Function AS f, IN (f.rooms) AS o WHERE (o.roomId LIKE CONCAT(?1,'%')) ORDER BY o.roomId"

Which produces this in the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml:

<query-method>
      <method-name>findByRoom</method-name>
      <method-params>
      <method-param>java.lang.Integer</method-param>
      </method-params>
      </query-method>
      <jboss-ql><![CDATA[SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM Function AS f, IN (f.rooms) AS o WHERE (o.roomId LIKE CONCAT(?1,'%')) ORDER BY o.roomId]]></jboss-ql>

<read-ahead>
      on-load
      </read-ahead>

I have tried different variations of the query such as removing the CONCAT, having a query in
      ejb.finder etc but to no avail. When the ql is parsed during deployment i get the following:
      12:05:12,611 WARN [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.j2ee:jndiName=TeamLocalHome,service=EJB
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error compiling ejbql; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.ejbql.ParseException: Encountered "LIKE" at line 1, column 72.
      Was expecting one of:
      ")" ...
      "+" ...
      "-" ...
      "*" ...
      "/" ...
      "NOT" ...
      "IN" ...
      "=" ...
      ">" ...
      ">=" ...
      "<" ...
      "<=" ...
      "<>" ...
      "BETWEEN" ...
      )
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCJBossQLQuery.(JDBCJBossQLQuery.java:46)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCCommandFactory.createJBossQLQuery(JDBCCommandFactory.java:54)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCQueryManager.start(JDBCQueryManager.java:203)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.startStoreManager(JDBCStoreManager.java:463)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.start(JDBCStoreManager.java:369)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.start(CMPPersistenceManager.java:198)
      at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.start(EntityContainer.java:376)
      at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:756)
      at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.invoke(EntityContainer.java:1058)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:517)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
      at $Proxy5.start(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:398)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

Is there something that i am missing or is there a known problem that i don't know about ?

Many thanks in advance,
      Paul

• 1. Re: jboss-ql LIKE problem!
          canobi

Hey,

Firstly, your parameter is Integer. I don't see how you could use "like" with Integers, they're meant to be used with strings.
          Secondly, I've seen a post somewhere in these forums that advizes on not using concat in the query itself. If you need to append '%' to the parameter do it in the code, before you call the finder. So do something like this:
          fndParam = fndParam + "%";
          Collection fndResult = findByRoom ( 1, fndParam );