1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 10:30 AM by roxy1987

What is the best way to work with sessions and processes while using persistance

bardelman

Hi,

Actually, i m a newbie in jbpm so please comment/criticize any wrong thing u think i m doing.

In order to work on processes with human tasks nodes and use persistance, i had the choice between creating a session for each process or to create a session for many processes in the same time.

i choosed the first solution as i can free the memory by disposing the session(with ksession.dipose()) before creating another one and reload it with the JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(idsession,kbase, config, env);  method when i need it again.

if i was working with the second solution, i create a session and i start  processes with ksession.startProcess(..) but i don't know how to stop/pause those process instances in order to free memory ( i m working with jbpm 5.0.0) ..

Another problem happened is that processes in loaded session (in the first solution) seems being not actives (i coudn't get tasks from loaded sessions) and i think maybe becose the session was disposed .. (it was my topic for my previous asked question in here https://community.jboss.org/thread/221356?tstart=0

i also want to know if there is a way to get the persisted sessions list from database without implementing my own logic to do that , i think jbpm already have this logic.

cheers !