0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 4:49 PM by npoczynek

Initializing process variables through Eclipse tooling

npoczynek

Hi, I've just been following this very simple tutorial: http://www.mastertheboss.com/jbpm5/jbpm-5-tutorial-first-example/page-2

Running this process results in the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: XOR split could not find at least one valid outgoing connection for split Gateway

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.SplitInstance.internalTrigger(SplitInstance.java:98)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:126)

... 18 more

The problem is that the "money" variable is not being initialized, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that I can create a parameter list to be passed to the process, in order to give "money" its initial value.

However, I haven't been able to find an answer as to why the method outlined in the tutorial would not work. Here is an image of where I set the type and value of the variable. I then set the constraints of my XOR diverging gateway to check this value.

Is this a bug, that the value in that field would be ignored? If not, could someone explain why?