2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 2:54 PM by mail2kondeti

Unresolved conflict on resource environment reference named: cxf

mail2kondeti

I am using Apache CXF 2.7.1 for my WebService implementation and Using JBoss AS 6.0-final from Eclipse. I also have got Spring 3.0.5 for my project.

I have tested with my project and could able to run with Tomcat 7.x server and VMware Fabric server which comes with Spring STS IDE. On both these servers, I could able to run my application.

However when I deploy application into Jboss 6.0 from Eclipse and do FULL Publish, I am getting this error below. I am aware of that Jboss has its own implementation of CXF and thats causing this issue. So I am looking for an answer to resolve the issue.

I have my WAR file deployed into Jboss and here is the Error.

11:34:49,807 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile:: org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:

Deployment "vfs:///C:/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/all/deploy/myApplication.war" is in error due to the following reason(s): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unresolved conflict on resource environment reference named: cxf

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1228) [:2.2.0.GA]

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:905) [:2.2.0.GA]

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.deployers.MainDeployerPlugin.checkComplete(MainDeployerPlugin.java:87) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.jboss.profileservice.deployment.ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.checkAllComplete(ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.java:107) [:0.2.2]

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:135) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:56) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer.startBootstraps(AbstractServer.java:827) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer$StartServerTask.run(AbstractServer.java:417) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [:1.7.0_13]

• 1. Re: Unresolved conflict on resource environment reference named: cxf
          mail2kondeti

There is simillar issue addressed in - https://community.jboss.org/thread/171460?start=0&tstart=0

So I created the two files mentioned in the post(last thread)

Copy these attached files(jboss-classloading.xml | jboss-scanning.xml)

under JBOSS deployment folder à JBOSS_HOME\server\all\deploy\<APP_WAR>\WEB-INF

That issue got resolved for now.

FYI - Thanks to Marcos Prado

/WEB-INF/jboss.classloading.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
          <classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0"

domain="my-app-name.war"

export-all="NON_EMPTY"

import-all="true">

</classloading>

to isolate the classloading. Then, I needed also this:

/WEB-INF/jboss-scanning.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<scanning xmlns="urn:jboss:scanning:1.0">

<path name="WEB-INF/classes"/>

<path name="WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-xjc-2.1.13.jar">

<exclude name="" recurse="true"/>

</path>

</scanning>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unresolved conflict on resource environment reference named: cxf
            mail2kondeti

Once I pass this Error, I am getting another one now. Any thoughts on this why NoClassDefFoundError?

Deployment "JMSEndpointDeploymentAspect" is in error due to the following reason(s): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.util.SpringUtils