11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 5:48 AM by Radoslav Husar

Achieving multiple and different clusters under a single Domain Mode setup in AS 7

Vijay Bhaskar Chintalapati Newbie

Please let me clarify what I mean by multiple and different clusters. My cluster setup resembles somewhat to the below architectural diagram.

You can think of two server groups existing :

Server Group 1 - Server [1, 3, 5]     with either ha or full-ha, for our example let it be full-ha

Server Group 2 - Server [2, 4]         with either ha or full-ha, for our example let it be ha

Now for the purpose of clustering I would like the following happening :

Server Group 1 mapping to Cluster  1

Server Group 2 mapping to Cluster 2

So when I say multiple, I mean Cluster 1 and Cluster 2 and when I say different, I mean that they can modeled after a different (but a variant of ha) profile with different applications loaded.

On a non-cloud setup where UDP multicast is allowed my observation has been that when I deploy a "distributable" web application, I see that all the server JVMs [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] join a single cluster.

So the main question is : What can I do to achieve my desired clustering without changing the socket-bindings on either profile used ?

I understand that one can configure the profile for server groups in such as way each is given a unique multicast address so that we can limit which servers are discovered for clustering by configuring the  parameter: jboss.default.multicast.address 

Domian Cluster.jpg