4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 4:13 PM by vbchin2

Isolating the cluster formation based on server-groups within a Domain setup in JBoss AS 7

vbchin2

This question is related to the post below :

Achieving multiple and different clusters under a single Domain Mode setup in AS 7

I figure** that the cluserting between nodes *across* server-groups in a Domain mode in both multicast supported and unsupported is happening primarily due the to  "web" cache-container of the infinispan subsystem. That is, as long as all the nodes have the same "web" cache-container, they cluster together when a "distributable" web application is deployed on them.

What I would like to achieve is to have nodes under each server-group for their own cluster. Right now, based on the entries of above provided community discussion, that is not happening.

Questions:

1. Is my understanding** correct ?
      2. If Yes to 1, how can I safely configure the cache-container name in domain.xml such that I achieve the desired result ?

I tried the setting below where I set the cache-container name to a variable whose value can be configured in the System Properties per server-group but I see the message when the server nodes start up effectively not becoming part of a cluster.

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:infinispan:1.3">

<cache-container name="cluster" aliases="ha-partition" default-cache="default">

<transport lock-timeout="60000"/>

<replicated-cache name="default" mode="SYNC" batching="true">

<locking isolation="REPEATABLE_READ"/>

</replicated-cache>

</cache-container>

<cache-container name="${jboss.cluster.group.name}" aliases="standard-session-cache" default-cache="repl" module="org.jboss.as.clustering.web.infinispan">

<transport lock-timeout="60000"/>

<replicated-cache name="repl" mode="ASYNC" batching="true">

<file-store/>

</replicated-cache>

<replicated-cache name="sso" mode="SYNC" batching="true"/>

<distributed-cache name="dist" l1-lifespan="0" mode="ASYNC" batching="true">

<file-store/>

</distributed-cache>

</cache-container>

19:11:11,077 WARN  [org.jboss.web] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS018204: Clustering not supported, falling back to non-clustered session manager