1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 5:31 PM by rcd

AS roadmap

nickarls

"A year passed: winter changed into spring, spring changed into summer, summer changed back into winter, and winter gave spring and summer a miss and went straight on into autumn... until one day... "

Could someone give some clarification into the current version roadmap of the AS?

The latest community release is 7.1.1 (released 2012-03-09). After that the 7.1 branch has seen the EAP releases for 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 and a 7.1.4 is pending. There is also the 7.2.x line which has no branch of its own since master is now 8.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT (AS.Next? Or is that 9.0.0?). In the 7.2.x series we have 7.2.0.Alpha1 and 7.2.0.CR1 which show little progress aside from the sudden tagging of a 7.2.0.Final.prerelease1. There is also a 7.3.0.Alpha1. A few hours ago Brian moved a bunch of JIRA targets from 7.2.0.Alpha1 to 8.0.0.Alpha1.

Does all this mean the 7.2.x line will die off and moved to 8.0.x so that the next community release will be 8.0.0.Final (code name Duke Nukem Forever II)?

• 1. Re: AS roadmap
          rcd

I would also love to see some clarification on this. But my guess (pure speculation) is that you've hit the nail on the head, and like you, I'm not expecting a release any time soon.

But remember, AS moves faster than EAP!