5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 5:24 AM by jmbestof

Cannot unsubscribe   durable subscriber

jmbestof

Hi all,

I have a durable subsciber with dots in the clientId:

object name:

org.hornetq:module=Core,type=Queue,address="jms.topic.userEvents",name="my.durable.subscriber.my-hostname"

I cannot delete this durable subsciber, neither in jconsole, nor though jmxterm. I suspect the dots to be escaped when I run the commands, but don't manage to find any woraround.

$>run dropDurableSubscription "my.durable.subscriber" "my-hostname"

#calling operation dropDurableSubscription of mbean org.hornetq:module=JMS,name="userEvents",type=Topic

#RuntimeMBeanException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No subscriptions with name my\.durable\.subscriber.my-hostname" for clientID my.durable.subscriber

This subscription is the only one on the topic, so I tried to delete all subscription, but got:

$>run dropAllSubscriptions

#calling operation dropAllSubscriptions of mbean org.hornetq:module=JMS,name="userEvents",type=Topic

#RuntimeIOException: Runtime IO exception: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/hornetq/api/core/HornetQException (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)

Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: Cannot unsubscribe   durable subscriber
          clebert.suconic

You won't be able to drop a subscription until you close consumers...

I'm not sure why the HOrnetQEXception is giving you a marshing exception though... Maybe it's the version you're using only?

• 2. Re: Cannot unsubscribe   durable subscriber
            jmesnil

JM Bestof wrote:

$>run dropDurableSubscription "my.durable.subscriber" "my-hostname"

#calling operation dropDurableSubscription of mbean org.hornetq:module=JMS,name="userEvents",type=Topic

#RuntimeMBeanException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No subscriptions with name my\.durable\.subscriber.my-hostname" for clientID my.durable.subscriber

Thanks for your help

I did a quick check on the latest release (HornetQ 2.3.0.CR1) by adding a '.'. to the clientID and it worked as expected.

I'll check on 2.2.x releases too but I suspect it'a bug that has already been fixed.

JM Bestof wrote:

$>run dropAllSubscriptions

#calling operation dropAllSubscriptions of mbean org.hornetq:module=JMS,name="userEvents",type=Topic

#RuntimeIOException: Runtime IO exception: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/hornetq/api/core/HornetQException (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled

iirc, the hornet jms client jar forgot to ship this class in the 2.2.x releases. Adding it to your classpath won't fix your problem: it will report the same error than you get above.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Cannot unsubscribe   durable subscriber
              jmbestof

Hy Clebert,

just checked, all my consumers are closed, still got the pb.

thanks!

J

• 4. Re: Cannot unsubscribe   durable subscriber
                brisssou

Hi Jeff,

thanks for investigating my pb!  I will check if and when we can upgrade to a newer version.

bye,

Julien.

Brice, the anti-flood by-passer :p

• 5. Re: Cannot unsubscribe   durable subscriber
                  jmbestof

Hi all,

finally we managed to drop the durable subscriber with jconsole: 'dropAllSubscribers()'

thanks for your help,

Julien.