3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 1:37 PM by gastaldi

Unable to download JBoss AS 7.2 Final

oops123

HI all,

I am new to Forge and just downloaded 1.2.2 but I have the following error when forge was trying to download JBoss AS 7.2 from the mave repository.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are about to download JBoss AS 7.2.0.Final to '/home/../as7forge/as7forge/target/jboss-as-dist' which could take a while. Would you like to continue? [Y/n]

Downloading JBoss AS 7.2.0.Final.... Could not find artifact org.jboss.as:jboss-as-dist:zip:7.2.0.Final in CENTRAL (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)

***ERROR*** Exception encountered: Could not find artifact: org.jboss.as:jboss-as-dist:zip::7.2.0.Final (type "set VERBOSE true" to enable stack traces)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone got this error?

• 1. Re: Unable to download JBoss AS 7.2 Final
          gastaldi

Hi steven,

Probably because this version is not released in the repository. This is something we need to adjust maybe in the AS 7 plugin or in the nexus repository itself.

For the meanwhile, pick the 7.1.1 version.

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi

• 2. Re: Unable to download JBoss AS 7.2 Final
            jamezp

Hello Steven,

As George said it's because there is no full 7.2.0.Final distribution, only components are available. The last full distribution is 7.1.1.Final, at least that's available to this plugin.

I will note that this really isn't an issue with Forge as much as my poorly written plugin that badly needs some love :-) Hopefully very soon I'll be able to update this plugin, fix the poor error messages and show versions that are available for download.

You could manually install EAP 6.1.0.Alpha and point the plugin to use that. I realize at this point the prompts can be confusing, so feel free to ask any follow up questions if that's the route you decide to go.

--

James R. Perkins

• 3. Re: Unable to download JBoss AS 7.2 Final
              gastaldi

Hi steven,

I reported this issue in our JIRA:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGEPLUGINS-106

You may want to track changes on it or even submit a patch if you feel comfortable with it.

Thanks !