2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 11:14 AM by amittelang1976

Velocity issue with JBOSS EAP

amittelang1976

Hi,

When I am deploying my applicaiton in JBOSS EAP I am facing following strange issue.

ERROR struts.ContextLoaderPlugIn: Context initialization failed

16:51:58,741 INFO [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-1) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'velocityEngine' defined in ServletContext resource

Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Failed to initialize an instance of org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogChute with the current runtime configuration.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error configuring Log4JLogChute :

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: velocity.log (Permission denied)

My application is using Spring 2.5 and velocity 1.6. Its working fine in Weblogic but while deploying on Jboss getting this error.

Please let me know if any one encountered this error before.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Amit

• 1. Re: Velocity issue with JBOSS EAP
          jfclere

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: velocity.log (Permission denied)

Probably you need to adjust permissions in the directory where the log file should go.

• 2. Re: Velocity issue with JBOSS EAP
            amittelang1976

Hi,

I have resolved this issue by adding key value pairs of map as a property under velocity entry of applicationContext.xml.

<entry key="runtime.log.logsystem.class"
                 value="org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.SimpleLog4JLogSystem"></entry>

After including its not complaining about the issue.

Thanks,

Amit

1 of 1 people found this helpful