0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2003 12:57 PM by scprotz

CMP and Microsoft Access problem

scprotz

I am trying to use Microsoft Access with a CMP entity bean. I have created the bean, and a client to test it. I have deployed the bean on my JBOSS server. When I created the bean, I made it CMP 1.0. I created a new jaws.xml file (I presume this is the one needed for CMP 1.0) and placed it in my meta-inf directory. On testing the ejb, my log said it was still trying to use the hsqldb database. That was curious, but I decided to try another solution: I deployed a jbosscmp-jdbc.xml (which is for CMP 2.0) and did what I could to map everything as close as possible (the file didn't have an msaccess mapping to it).

My ejb seems to work, as does my client now, but when my client tries to do any type of query, it receives an error: Find failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Micorsoft Access Driver] The SELECT statement includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect.

I believe this has to do with my jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file, but don't know what the mappings should be.

Does anyone have a correct mapping? or know somewhere I could look to find it? (or know of another mapping that SHOULD work)?

thanks

-dave
      scprotz@hotmail.com