Although I'm a newbie, please be assured that I've tried to resolve this one before posting, but it looks like others have hit similar issues in the past (https://community.jboss.org/message/750417#75041).
I'm seeing the same issue on two different machines, one running Windows 7 the other Windows 8, both running Java SE runtime 1.7.0_17-b02.
I'm running the example "straight out of the box" without any modifications. Here's what I'm seeing:
- I've installed jBPM_5.4.0_final and Eclipse Helios as per the installation documentation.
- In Eclipse, I run the Evaluation example in Debug with a breakpoint at the logger.close() instruction, and complete all the krisv, john and mary tasks.
- In Eclipse, I then press the green arrow in the Debug session to complete the execution.
- All good so far.
- However, if I immediately try to rerun the Evaluation example, there is a pause and I see the following in the console window (apologies for the formatting!):
|1||02/04 11:23:07,519[main] ERROR workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem - Tue Apr 02 11:23:07 BST 2013: Error when creating task on task server for work item id 1. Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out|
java.lang.RuntimeException: Task operation request timed out
|Process started ...|
The only way I've found to resolve this is to restart Jboss which I'm sure isn't the intended way.
Here's what I've tried/noticed
- I've tried inserting a ksession.dispose() after the logger.close() but this does not appear to clear the issue.
- I've "clean"ed the Eclipse project and restarted the debug session.
- I've noticed that the memory occupancy of the JBoss java task sometimes drops following this error. Is this a sign that a task has failed on the JBoss side?
- When the ProcessTest has apparently completed, the Eclipse session still appears to have several threads that keep running (see below)
|com.sample.ProcessTest at localhost:51000|
|Daemon Thread [Old I/O client worker (channelId: 2149714, /127.0.0.1:51002 => /127.0.0.1:5153)] (Running)|
|Daemon Thread [Thread-0 (HornetQ-client-global-scheduled-threads-22781537)] (Running)|
|Daemon Thread [Thread-1 (HornetQ-client-global-scheduled-threads-22781537)] (Running)|
|Thread [Thread-2] (Running)|
|Daemon Thread [Thread-2 (HornetQ-client-global-scheduled-threads-22781537)] (Running)|
|Daemon Thread [Thread-3 (HornetQ-client-global-scheduled-threads-22781537)] (Running)|
|Daemon Thread [Thread-4 (HornetQ-client-global-scheduled-threads-22781537)] (Running)|
|Thread [DestroyJavaVM] (Running)|
Can anyone shed any light on what might be going wrong here? I'm keen to get moving with jBPM but I'd really like to be confident that I can get the examples working reliably before using Eclipse as my test environment.