3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 9:55 AM by rhauch

Import/export data. Issue with infinispan configuration

eshevchenko

Hello! Can anybody help? I try to backup/restore data(I am using session.exportSystemView for export and session.importXML for import). Version of modeshape is 3.1.3.Final. I have infinispan configuration(5.1.2.FINAL) with loader to DB2. App Server - Websphere 8.0. New data are available only after restarting application server. All operations were executed without any exceptions. See my config in attachments

• 1. Re: Import/export data. Issue with infinispan configuration
          rhauch

Be aware that it is not possible to backup and restore a repository using JCR's export and import. The problem is that these operations are per workspace, whereas all the versioning and other sytem content (e.g., under "/jcr:system" of each workspace) is actually shared by all workspaces and will not be imported. This is a known limitation of JCR's import/export, and in fact the reference implementation does the same thing we do. JCR's import/export functionality is for transferring a subset of information between repositories.

ModeShape provides a backup/restore capability that is handles the whole repository in a correct way.

However, if your problem is not at all related to system content (e.g., version histories, namespaces, node types, etc.) but merely is regular content, then please try to replicate this with H2 or another open source database. (We prefer H2 or HSQLDB because they are embeddable. MySQL is good and PostgreSQL is fantastic, but not all developers have access to such DBMS installations.)

• 2. Re: Import/export data. Issue with infinispan configuration
            eshevchenko

Thank you Randall for your answer and sorry for confusion. I try to rephrase my problem. I want to import/export data. In previous message i share my configuration(see attachement). I export data(i use session.exportSystemView). After import (i use session.importXML) new data is not available. It's become available only after restarting application server. All operations were executed without any exceptions. I tried to reproduce this issue on [tests|https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/768/files]

• 3. Re: Import/export data. Issue with infinispan configuration
              rhauch

Thanks for the updated pull-request and updating the issue. We'll take a look.