1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2003 7:23 PM by scoy

read-ahead goods...

lukjel

Hello!

I'm using JBoss 3.0.4 standalone (without Jakarta) + Oracle 8i + JDeveloper 9.0.3
      I created One EntityBeans and one SessionBean (facade for that entity). Unfortunately there is a situation, that I need to transfer huge (30k rows) amount of data to client. I'm converting entity into value object in session bean. Session bean access entity through local interfaces. Rerieving collection of entitiy beans (for example findAll() ) works fine - but then I have to convert each entitiy bean to value object (object which represents data - one object one row). I want to optimize this procedure so I want to use read-ahed 'extensions'. I looked into documentation (JBoss CMP description) and there is one example for 'findAll_onload' - and here the story begins... I retype (of course with changing a names) example and I've got errors: during deployment JBoss is telling: problem with ejb-method unknown method findAll_onload.
      I added proper (taken from docs) section to jbosscmp-jdbc.xml. I added finder method (findAll_onload)... what I missed? Do you have some suggestions?