0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2013 5:27 AM by mpalvankar

Configuring Guvnor for Oracle database

mpalvankar

I was trying to configure Guvnor 5.5 for external database Oracle XE 11g

I folowed following step but I do not think that Guvnor has cretaed required tables and is configured correctly for external database.

1. I deployed Guvnor 5.5 war on Tomcat 7 and I was ale to access Administration and was able to create a repository.xml for Oracle

2. I copied the contents and created a new file repository.xml under tomcat\webapp\guvnor5\WEB-INF\orarepoconfig. I have attached the repository.xml

3. I changed the beans.xml under tomcat\webapp\guvnor5\WEB-INF\beans.xml for configuring repository (highlighted in RED)

<guvnorRepository:properties>

<s:entry><s:key>org.drools.repository.configurator</s:key><s:value>org.drools.repository.jackrabbit.JackrabbitRepositoryConfigurator</s:value></s:entry>

<!--  the root directory for the repo storage the directory must exist. -->

<s:entry><s:key>repository.root.directory</s:key><s:value>orarepoconfig</s:value></s:entry>

</guvnorRepository:properties>

4. I restarted Tomcat and I stopped the Oracle XE instance. I created a package and a rule using Guvnor UI. I was expecting an error when I saved the package and rule but the Guvnor did not report an error.

5. I also checked the configured database (Oracle XE) for any new tables that should have got created but found none.

Am I missing anything?

Appreciate help on this issue.