1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2013 4:40 AM by Wolf-Dieter Fink

Getting exception User null not authenticated on Jboss startup

Srinithya R Newbie

Hi

We are using JBOSS 4.0.1 in our application.

While starting up JBoss, the following exception occurs in server.log file:

ERROR [org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase] Starting failed jboss:service=Hypersonic,database=localDB

java.sql.SQLException: General error: java.lang.NullPointerException

and at later point there is exception like:

Initialization failed DLQHandler

javax.jms.JMSSecurotyException: User: null is NOT authenticated

To add to the above exceptions, what is noted is, the localDB.script file is corrupt (blank file but with size 3KB)

I searched a lot for a solution to this problem. Many suggest to remove the contents of the server/default/data/hypersonic folder and restart JBOSS. But this doesn't seem to help.

When i removed the files in hypersonic folder and restarted JBOSS, the script file was created again but with minimal statements which ultimately led to another exception like : JMS_ROLES table not found.

also it was noticed that localdb.data file was not created after restart.

What i understand from all these is that the hypersonic DB is corrupt or crashed and is not recovering during Jboss restart. I am clueless as to What made this crash.

Can anyone help me in understanding how these localDB.script file is created each time? Because I feel if the script file is created completely, then issue may get solved.

• 1. Re: Getting exception User null not authenticated on Jboss startup
          Wolf-Dieter Fink Master

Hello Srinithya,

welcome to the forum.

That's a really old version.

In general hypersonic is not a DB to use in production.

If you have a default configuration the hsqldb is used for ejb-timer and jms persistence. You might remove that and use a different DB if possible.

But normaly the hsqldb library will build the DB from scratch and that should work.

Do you have tried a fresh unzipped JBoss, this should create the DB and you might verify the configuration differences.