3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 9:26 AM by Tomaz Cerar

Shared library loading within jboss as 7.x

Jernej Krmelj Newbie

Hi,

I have a question regarding shared library loading within jboss as 7.x.

I have multiple war applications deployed within same instance of jboss as 7. They all use/have dependency on custom server module which includes a common jar library. Within this common jar library there are few singleton objects defined. The problem I have is that this singleton objects are shared among all applications. That's what I don't want. I would like to have these singleton objects to be singletons just inside single application. How can I achieve this?

I know I can achieve this by packaging common jar library within single application war (and stop using module dependency). But this is not the option here, because I want to be able to update common library without repackaging application war.

I assume this issue is related to jboss as 7 classloading mechanism where modules are loaded with separate module classloader.

Is there any way to configure applications to load common module with application classloader? Or configure a module in some speciffic way?

I use jboss AS 7.1.2

Excuse me if similar question was already answered. Please point me to another forum thread in this case.

Thank you.