[My config - jBPM 5.4.0.Final, Windows Server, 7 and 8. Eclipse Helios and Juno]
Where possible I'd like to use Designer in preference to the Eclipse editor but it has a number of features which I'm finding are "spoiling my enjoyment" and I wondered if they are likely to change in the next release.
Please be assured, these are not complaints and my aim is constructive. Here goes:
- On my Windows set-up, Script tasks may start life as multi-line text, but always seem to end up being collapsed onto a single line which is awkward to work with.
- The Eclipse tools seem to maintain multiline editing but for some reason this isn't the case in Designer.
- Is this just a Windows/Unix file-ending issue? (related- Problem with designer "losing" newline characters in Script Tasks)
- I've not yet been able to import an existing BPMN process using the Designer Import BPMN feature. I can do so using the Eclipse-Drools-Guvnor toolchain but direct import fails, even for diagrams created for jBPM 5.3.
- I can export a BPMN file created in Desinger and then reimport it back in, i.e. Designer is able understand it's own output.
- (related - Guvnor Designer Import BPMN error - "Could not find BPMNDI information")
- After a few minutes of use I get a "Local history cleared" pop-up and after that point it appears very frequently and often intrusively. Although I can disable local history, it resets to "on" whenever I save my diagram which I tend to do quite frequently. Again this may be a quirk of my set-up but it quickly gets in the way.
- On a more positive note, will we be able to define a template to be used by the automatic user task form generator? The current facility is very useful but it would be even better if I could include layouts specific to my project (company information, in-house styles etc.) My apologies if this feature already exists and I've just missed it!
I wondered if these are likely to be addressed in the next release. I'm happy to raise Jira items if that's preferable.
Best regards and thanks,