1 of 1 people found this helpful
As the JNDI names are standartisized with EJB3.x spec there are some restrictions for the JNDI naming.
For local names you can use the java:module/Myname for a lookup or map the names via the naming subsystem in the configuration to not change the code.
The remote names are different and you cannot use mappedName to change.
See the documentation for remote invocation
Thanks for the reply.
I tried mapping the names via the naming subsystem in the standalone-full.xml something this shown below, but it resulted in Name Not found exception only.
For this Solution, i tried to lookup from the code using the jndi name as "com.cassis.cx.upgrade.VersionUpgraderLocal" (No Code Change, Existing implementation
<lookup name="com.cassis.cx.upgrade.VersionUpgraderLocal" lookup="java:module/com.cassis.cx.upgrade.VersionUpgrader!com.cassis.cx.upgrade.VersionUpgrader_LocalHome"/>
Since in my application (ear), the EJB module is lookedup by the WEB module via a Jar file residing in the ear/lib, i tried lookup using jndi in the below format and i succeeded . Now there is no problem with the jndi lookup.
Neverthless am still keen on the mapping approach in the standalone-full.xml , which does not require any code change.