13 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2013 10:31 AM by fran_jo

Configuration of JNDI

fran_jo

Hello everyone!

How I should use and configure the hornetq-beans.xml in order to use the JNDI?? I want to follow the examples from a remote location.

Do I have to initialize the hornetq server with a special parameter and/or configuration?

Greetings!

• 1. Re: Configuration of JNDI
          ataylor
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Configuration of JNDI
            fran_jo

Ok,

I use the hornetq 2.2.14 version, the configuration is the same. So, I have change the configuration following the manual:

<!-- JNDI server. Disable this if you don't want JNDI -->
               <bean name="StandaloneServer" class="org.hornetq.jms.server.impl.StandaloneNamingServer">
                  <constructor>
                     <parameter>
                        <inject bean="HornetQServer"/>
                     </parameter>
                  </constructor>
                  <property name="port">${jnp.port:1099}</property>
                  <property name="bindAddress">${jnp.host:192.168.56.101}</property>
                  <property name="rmiPort">${jnp.rmiPort:1098}</property>
                  <property name="rmiBindAddress">${jnp.host:192.168.56.101}</property>
               </bean>

When I run the server, with the appropriate path to my configuration, I get the following exception:

* [main] 7-May 11:52:28,539 SEVERE [HornetQBootstrapServer]  Failed to start server
            java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompletely deployed:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
              Deployment "StandaloneServer" is in error due to: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hornetq.jms.server.impl.StandaloneNamingServer

at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.internalValidate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:278)
                    at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.validate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:174)
                    at org.hornetq.integration.bootstrap.HornetQBootstrapServer.bootstrap(HornetQBootstrapServer.java:158)
                    at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:83)
                    at org.hornetq.integration.bootstrap.HornetQBootstrapServer.run(HornetQBootstrapServer.java:116)
                    at org.hornetq.integration.bootstrap.HornetQBootstrapServer.main(HornetQBootstrapServer.java:73)

What could be the cause of this exception?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Configuration of JNDI
              ataylor

that config is for 2.3.x only, refer to the appropriate docs to see what you need to configure

• 4. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                fran_jo

Ok,

The user manual of version 2.2.14 explains the same way to configure the JNDI Server

• 5. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                  ataylor
                  • 6. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                    fran_jo

Sorry,  my fault, i was reading the manual of 2.3 and thought it was the correct one

• 7. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                      fran_jo

Ok,

Now the server is running (I can not see any reference to the JNDI in the initial messages of the server) and the code that I use to get connection is this:

Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();
                                  env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://192.168.56.101:1099");
                                  env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
                                  env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
                                  InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);

ConnectionFactory cf = (ConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");
                                  Queue queue = (Queue)ctx.lookup("/queue/FlowQueue");
                                  connection = cf.createConnection();
                                  Session session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

when I execute this code, I get the following error:

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create session factory

Any idea?

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                        ataylor

have you configured your connectors correctly?

• 9. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                          fran_jo

Ok,

In hornetq-configuration.xml I have this:

<!-- Specific connectors-->
                                  <connector name="remote-netty">
                                          <factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyConnectorFactory</factory-class>
                                          <param key="host" value="192.168.56.101"/>
                                          <param key="port" value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.port:5005}"/>
                                  </connector>
                                  <!-- -->
                                  <!-- Specific acceptors -->
                                  <acceptor name="remote-netty">
                                          <factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyAcceptorFactory</factory-class>
                                          <param key="port"  value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.port:5005}"/>
                                  </acceptor>
                                  <!-- -->

With this configuration, I could connect using non JMS objects in the client code.

But if I set the same port of the JNDI configuration in this connector and acceptor, I get the next error when starting the server:

* [main] 7-May 12:38:40,937 SEVERE [HornetQServerImpl]  Failure in initialisation
                          org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind to: /192.168.56.101:1099

There is something that I missunderstood about configuration...

• 10. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                            ataylor

I dont understand why you are binding your netty ports to the ssame port that jndi is using? they have to be different

• 11. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                              fran_jo

Ok,

They are different now, but I can not connect to the JNDI Server

• 12. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                                ataylor

I cant really help you without the full info, simple set the netty acceptor to the port you want HornetQ to bind to, set the connector to the the port you want the conenction factory to connect to and set the jndi address to the host/port you want the initial context to connect to.

• 13. Re: Configuration of JNDI
                                  fran_jo

Let's see,

I have the hornetq-beans.xml configured like this:

<!-- JNDI server. Disable this if you don't want JNDI -->
                                     <bean name="JNDIServer" class="org.jnp.server.Main">
                                        <property name="namingInfo">
                                           <inject bean="Naming"/>
                                        </property>
                                        <property name="port">${jnp.port:1099}</property>
                                        <property name="bindAddress">${jnp.host:192.168.56.101}</property>
                                        <property name="rmiPort">${jnp.rmiPort:1098}</property>
                                        <property name="rmiBindAddress">${jnp.host:192.168.56.101}</property>
                                     </bean>

And the hornetq-configuration.xml configured like this:

<!-- Specific connectors-->
                                          <connector name="remote-netty">
                                                  <factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyConnectorFactory</factory-class>
                                                  <param key="port" value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.port:5005}"/>
                                          </connector>
                                          <!-- -->
                                          <!-- Specific acceptors -->
                                          <acceptor name="remote-netty">
                                                  <factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyAcceptorFactory</factory-class>
                                                  <param key="port"  value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.port:5005}"/>
                                          </acceptor>
                                          <!-- -->

and run the server with this instruction:

./run.sh /home/user/my_hornetq_config/

The server runs ok. But when I execute the following code, I can not access to the server:

Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();
                                              env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://192.168.56.101:1099");
                                              env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
                                              env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
                                              InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);

ConnectionFactory cf = (ConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");
                                              Queue queue = (Queue)ctx.lookup("/queue/FlowQueue");
                                              connection = cf.createConnection();
                                              Session session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

The server is inside a VirtualBox, under Ubuntu Server 12.04. The connection between my host (win xp) and the guest (ubuntu) works well. The IP 192.168.56.101 is the address to communicate the guest with the host. When I access to the server using the connector's port, with the hornetq core objects the communication works well. But I want to access via JNDI.