0 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2013 11:28 AM by nikgannev

Issue with deploying web application to JBoss 6.1 using Toplink 12c

nikgannev

Hi everyone,

We have web app that uses Toplink 2.0_41b deployed on JBoss 4.0.5. Since we need to migrate to JBoss 6.1.0 I started getting errors when I tried to deploy the same application. Those errors were related to classloading issues that occured in JBoss6 since they have hibernate implementation of JPA 2.0 and it conflicts with the Toplink which is in WEB-INF/lib folder. I was also getting other errors for VFS files processing and decided to upgrade to Toplink 12c. Also because of the classloading issues I have moved eclipselink.jar to server\default\lib. All errors described above are gone now, but the EntityManagerFactory does not seem to see the entity classes which are descibed in the persistence.xml. Everything else looks fine as to DB connection. This is the major warning that I get in my log:

10:43:14,252 INFO [STDOUT] [EL Warning]: 2013-05-08 10:43:14.252--Thread(Thread[Thread-2,5,jboss])--The collection of metamodel types is empty. Model classes may not have been found during entity search for Java SE and some Java EE container managed persistence units. Please verify that your entity classes are referenced in persistence.xml using either elements or a global false element.

I can post any configurations, but wanted to see if someone had similar issues. BTW I was able to successfully deploy the same application to JBoss 7 but we can not use it at this time.

Please let me know if someone else had similar issues,

Thanks, Nick