4 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2013 12:34 PM by fdominguez

Forge web site arquillian install does not work

fdominguez

I am a newbie to arquillian and attempting to learn how to setup JPA. I thought that using the following example would help:

http://arquillian.org/guides/get_started_faster_with_forge/

During the article it has the following step:

forge install-plugin arquillian

This does not work i get the following error when i try and use the subsequent arquillian cmds:

[arquillian-demo] arquillian-demo $ forge install-plugin arquillian

Connecting to remote repository [https://raw.github.com/forge/plugin-repository/master/repository.yaml]... connected!

***INFO*** Preparing to install plugin: arquillian

***INFO*** Checking out plugin source files to [/var/folders/s5/3dy16rkn0dvb8rbt279tx9840000gp/T/forgetemp2561524598964615662/repo] via 'git'

***WARNING*** Could not find a Ref matching the current Forge version [1.0.0.Final], building Plugin from HEAD.

***INFO*** Invoking build with underlying build system.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]                                                                        

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Building arquillian-plugin 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean (default-clean) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!

[INFO] Copying 5 resources

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[WARNING] File encoding has not been set, using platform encoding UTF-8, i.e. build is platform dependent!

[INFO] Compiling 17 source files to /private/var/folders/s5/3dy16rkn0dvb8rbt279tx9840000gp/T/forgetemp2561524598964615662/repo/target/classes

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:testResources (default-testResources) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!

[INFO] Copying 1 resource

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[INFO] Not compiling test sources

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.7.2:test (default-test) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[INFO] Tests are skipped.

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-jar-plugin:2.3.1:jar (default-jar) @ arquillian-plugin ---

[INFO] Building jar: /private/var/folders/s5/3dy16rkn0dvb8rbt279tx9840000gp/T/forgetemp2561524598964615662/repo/target/arquillian-plugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS

[INFO] Total time: 5.793s

[INFO] Finished at: Fri May 10 19:26:51 PDT 2013

[INFO] Final Memory: 20M/216M

***INFO*** Installing plugin artifact.

Warning:  The encoding 'UTF-8' is not supported by the Java runtime.

***SUCCESS*** Installed from [https://github.com/forge/plugin-arquillian.git] successfully.

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/arquillian-plugin.jar

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/module.xml

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/velocity-1.7.jar

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/commons-lang-2.4.jar

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/jackson-core-asl-1.9.1.jar

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.1.jar

Wrote /Users/francisco/.forge/plugins/org/arquillian/forge/arquillian-plugin/dependencies/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e/module.xml

Not loading plugin [org.arquillian.forge.arquillian-plugin] because it references Forge API version [1.0.6.Final] which may not be compatible with my current version [1.0.0.Final]. To remove this plugin, type 'forge remove-plugin org.arquillian.forge.arquillian-plugin:1.0.6.Final:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-fe7c7949-ad9f-4780-a59f-4aef5eff4c0e.

[arquillian-demo] arquillian-demo $ arquillian setup --container JBOSS_AS_MANAGED_7.X

***ERROR*** No such command: arquillian

I was also wondering of there is a git repository for the  project created during the tutorial.

Any help is appreciated.

francisco

• 1. Re: Forge web site arquillian install does not work
          aslak

I think the only problem is you're using a rather old version of Forge (1.0.0). The Arquillian plugin currently require > 1.0.6.

That specific guide does not have a complete source repo, but you will find the others here: https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian-examples 

The folders that starts with arquillian* are related to the guides.

• 2. Re: Forge web site arquillian install does not work
            fdominguez

Yes the page sends you directly to the link to downloading 1.0.0.

Anyway i have upgraded forge thanks so my next issue with the tutorial is the line:

arquillian setup --container JBOSS_AS_MANAGED_7.X

It gives me the following output:

[arquillian-demo] arquillian-demo $  arquillian setup --container JBOSS_AS_MANAGED_7.X

***INFO*** The command [setup] takes [0] unnamed argument(s), but found [1].

***INFO*** Swallowed unknown token [--container] for command [setup].

***INFO*** Swallowed unknown token [JBOSS_AS_MANAGED_7.X] for command [setup].

? [containerType=ARG (of type org.jboss.forge.arquillian.container.ContainerType)]:

? [containerType=ARG (of type org.jboss.forge.arquillian.container.ContainerType)]: MANAGED

? [containerName=ARG (of type java.lang.String)]: JBOSS_AS_7.X

Wrote /Users/francisco/work/arquillian-forge/arquillian-demo/pom.xml

***ERROR*** Exception encountered: Container not recognized (type "set VERBOSE true" to enable stack traces)

When i set verbose this is stack trace:

ava.lang.RuntimeException: Container not recognized

at org.jboss.forge.arquillian.ArquillianPlugin.installContainer(ArquillianPlugin.java:148)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.command.Execution.perform(Execution.java:141)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.command.fshparser.FSHRuntime.run(FSHRuntime.java:109)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.command.fshparser.FSHRuntime.run(FSHRuntime.java:47)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.ShellImpl$ExecutorThread.run(ShellImpl.java:789)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.ShellImpl.execute(ShellImpl.java:812)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.ShellImpl.doShell(ShellImpl.java:602)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.AbstractBeanInstance.invoke(AbstractBeanInstance.java:48)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.proxy.ProxyMethodHandler.invoke(ProxyMethodHandler.java:125)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.ShellImpl$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.doShell(ShellImpl$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)

at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflections$13.work(SecureReflections.java:305)

at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflectionAccess.run(SecureReflectionAccess.java:54)

at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflectionAccess.runAsInvocation(SecureReflectionAccess.java:163)

at org.jboss.weld.util.reflection.SecureReflections.invoke(SecureReflections.java:299)

at org.jboss.weld.introspector.jlr.WeldMethodImpl.invokeOnInstance(WeldMethodImpl.java:188)

at org.jboss.weld.introspector.ForwardingWeldMethod.invokeOnInstance(ForwardingWeldMethod.java:59)

at org.jboss.weld.injection.MethodInjectionPoint.invokeOnInstanceWithSpecialValue(MethodInjectionPoint.java:198)

at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ObserverMethodImpl.java:282)

at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ObserverMethodImpl.java:265)

at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.notify(ObserverMethodImpl.java:234)

at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.notifyObservers(BeanManagerImpl.java:635)

at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.fireEvent(BeanManagerImpl.java:622)

at org.jboss.weld.manager.BeanManagerImpl.fireEvent(BeanManagerImpl.java:616)

at org.jboss.forge.shell.Bootstrap$1.run(Bootstrap.java:172)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

any help is appreciated.

• 3. Re: Forge web site arquillian install does not work
              aslak

The Getting Started Guide (http://arquillian.org/guides/getting_started/#create_project_using_forge) links directly to Forge 1.0, true. Got to fix that. But I can't see a 1.0 link in the Get Started Fster with Forge guide?

the Profile names changed a bit in the latest version (we need to update the guide). type "arquillian --contianer <press TAB>" to see a list of the new names.

• 4. Re: Forge web site arquillian install does not work
                fdominguez

the link i used (which is out of date) is step #1 from this page:

http://arquillian.org/guides/getting_started/#create_project_using_forge

Clicking the Download Forge downloads version 1.0.0. It should really go to this page instead:

http://forge.jboss.org/