2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 9:48 AM by jfuerth

Unable to compile sources on Mac

oranheim

I'm trying to compile sources on my Mac Pro / OS X 10.8.3 with Oracle JDK 1.7.0_17-b02.

During compile I get the error "This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM".

Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.
      Please install the desired version.
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [INFO] Reactor Summary:
      [INFO] 
      [INFO] Errai ............................................. SUCCESS [0.913s]
      [INFO] Reflections parent ................................ SUCCESS [7.454s]
      [INFO] Reflections ....................................... SUCCESS [22.587s]
      [INFO] Errai::Common ..................................... SUCCESS [5.707s]
      [INFO] Errai::CDI::EE6 API Overrides ..................... SUCCESS [1.559s]
      [INFO] Errai::Codegen .................................... FAILURE [29.366s]

Any idea on how sort this out?

Ove

• 1. Re: Unable to compile sources on Mac
          oranheim

I figured it out. There is a Mac profile in parent pom that add '-d32', hence it enforces 32-bit compilation.

Shouldn't that vm-arg be removed?

• 2. Re: Unable to compile sources on Mac
            jfuerth

Hi Ove,

We added that argument because it speeds up compiles significantly on Mac JDK 6. Apparently it's not compatible with Oracle JDK 7. Probably the best thing to do would be for us to refine the profile activation rules so it only applies when (OS=Mac and JDK=1.6). If you've made a change like this that's working for you, we'd love if you could send us a pull request!

-Jonathan