1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2013 4:21 PM by bleathem

rich:column  filterValue

akatsikas

Hello to everyone. I am new to Richfaces and I have a question.

I have a form and i submit it with this.

<a4j:commandButton id="srchByMrnBtn"

value="#{bundle.searchDeclarations_retrieveButton}"

action="#{inboxBean.doSearch}" style="cursor:pointer;"

execute="@form" render="search_output_panel" />

I then have a data table

<rich:dataTable id="inboxTbl" value="#{inboxBean.inboxItems}"

style="width:100%" rendered="#{inboxBean.inboxItems ne null}"

var="inboxItem" rowKeyVar="dataTableRowKey" rows="10"

columnClasses="acent" rowClasses="odd-row, even-row"

reRender="inboxScroller">

and when i submit this form with i have data to the datatable.

I also have filtering on some rows. I search a value and it works fine.

<rich:column id="taskName" sortBy="#{inboxItem.taskName}"

sortOrder="#{inboxSortingBean.namesOrder}"

filterValue="#{inboxFilteringBean.nameFilter}"

filterExpression="#{fn:containsIgnoreCase(inboxItem.taskName,inboxFilteringBean.nameFilter)}">

All my logic beans are ViewScoped.

If i resubmit my form with other value  and i fetch new data to the datatale

then the filter seems to remember the old value and no return to null. Is there a way when i resubmit my form to set the filter value of the datatable to null.

Thank you in advance

Antonis