1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2013 2:04 PM by jmiguel77

Unable to extract information from a ESB Message to JMS Message

jmiguel77

Hi

I have a JBPM deployment that sends a message to a ESB Service wich in turn uses a JMSRouter to send a message to a JMS Queue.

These is the jbpm process definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<process-definition xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"

name="VacationRequest">

<start-state name="start">

<transition to="evaluation" name="to_state">

<action name="action" class="com.ndeveloper.bpm.action.MessageActionHandler">

<message>

To Evaluation State

</message>

</action>

<action name="esbResponse"

class="org.jboss.soa.esb.services.jbpm.actionhandlers.EsbNotifier">

<esbCategoryName>nDeveloper</esbCategoryName>

<esbServiceName>Vacation Request Response Service</esbServiceName>

<bpmToEsbVars>

<mapping bpm="processInstance.id" esb="body.piId" />

<mapping bpm="processInstance.version" esb="body.piVersion" />

<mapping bpm="requestId" esb="body.requestId" />

<mapping bpm="token.name" esb="body.piTokenName" />

<mapping bpm="node.name" esb="body.piNodeName" />

<mapping bpm="node.id" esb="body.piNodeId" />

</bpmToEsbVars>

<globalProcessScope>true</globalProcessScope>

</action>

</transition>

</start-state>

<state name="evaluation">

<transition name="to_end" to="end">

<action name="action" class="com.ndeveloper.bpm.action.MessageActionHandler">

<message>

To End Transtion

</message>

</action>

</transition>

</state>

<end-state name="end"></end-state>

</process-definition>

The esbResponse action calls an esb service, sending some data for it. This is the code for the esb service:

<service category="nDeveloper"

description="Service to obtain a response from de jBPM process of Vacation Request"

invmScope="GLOBAL" name="Vacation Request Response Service">

<actions>

<action class="com.ndeveloper.esb.action.MessageAction"

name="Show Message Action" process="displayMessage"/>

<action class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.routing.JMSRouter" name="Send JMS Message Action">

<property name="jndiName" value="queue/VacationRequestResponseQueue"/>

</action>

</actions>

</service>

the service has two actions; the first one simply writes some info about the message to the console; the second action is the one that places the message in the queue.

Once in the queue, i am using a MDB Java Bean to access the message, but i am receiving a JMS Message, not an ESB Message

How do i access the information that was placed inside the ESB Message ??

Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to extract information from a ESB Message to JMS Message
          jmiguel77

I solved this on my own

The trick was this:

<bpmToEsbVars>

<mapping bpm="processInstance.id" esb="properties.piId" />

<mapping bpm="processInstance.version" esb="properties.piVersion" />

<mapping bpm="requestId" esb="properties.requestId" />

</bpmToEsbVars>

As you can see, i places the word properties before the parameter name, and that did the trick

Hope it is usefull for somebody else