1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2013 11:07 AM by lfryc

Single Jira versions for micro releases - good or bad?

bleathem

For the past couple of RichFaces micro releases (4.3.2, and 4.3.1) I've used a single version in jira for both the CR and Final releases.  How has this worked for people?  From a version history perspective, it makes it more clear to see what has changed over time, but it does seem to confuse things as we are working through the CR and Final releases themselves.

One alternative I thought of was to have the separate CR and Final releases in JIRA, then, after we go final, merge them into a single version.  WDYT?   Would this help?

• 1. Re: Single Jira versions for micro releases - good or bad?
          lfryc

Brian Leathem wrote:

For the past couple of RichFaces micro releases (4.3.2, and 4.3.1) I've used a single version in jira for both the CR and Final releases.  How has this worked for people?  From a version history perspective, it makes it more clear to see what has changed over time, but it does seem to confuse things as we are working through the CR and Final releases themselves.

It is little bit confusing, however I can probably manage that better than QE does.

One alternative I thought of was to have the separate CR and Final releases in JIRA, then, after we go final, merge them into a single version.  WDYT?   Would this help?

+1 If that is administratively managable, let's go for it!