2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 8:32 AM by xerofun

Data Output Associations in Designer

xerofun

I can't for the life of me seem to figure out how to do data output associations in Designer.  I'm hoping that this is possible and that someone can provide me with insight into this.

• 1. Re: Data Output Associations in Designer
          tsurdilovic

If you are modeling an user task you can focus on three porperties:

DataInputSet - create/modify the data inputs of your task

DataOutputSet - create/modify the data outputs of your task

Assignments - create/modify data assignments (map existing process vars/data objects to task data inputs, and map data outputs to existing process vars, data objects) ...

The DataInputSet and DataOutputSet editors I think are self explanatory (let me know if you need more info on those)

Let's say you have process variables

firstName

lastName

and your user task defines data input firstnameIn and data output lastnameOut

in the assignments editor you would first map your process var to the data input:

Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 6.51.21 PM.png

and for the data ouput mapping you can do:

Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 6.53.25 PM.png

that should be pretty much it, not that the actual values of data outputs are typially entered by your hunam actors during the execution of the process via forms, your custom workitem handler in case of doman specific task node etc.

HTH

• 2. Re: Data Output Associations in Designer
            xerofun

Thanks it was this drop down that caused the editor to open that was eluding me.