4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2013 5:33 AM by swiderski.maciej

How to use the Error Event node in process (jBPM5.4)?

sanku_74

Can anyone give me some pointer to implement error event handler?I am having a process which needs to have error event handler. I am using a custom web application to implment ta business process.

For your reference I am attaching the process.

• 1. Re: How to use the Error Event node in process (jBPM5.4)?
          swiderski.maciej

what would you like to do when the error happens?

One option could be to model the activity that should happen in case of an error directly in the process, so just before the error end even you add the steps that need to happen, so you'll handle the error directly within the process and error event will terminate the process instance and mark it as failed so it can be found later on if needed.

HTH

• 2. Re: How to use the Error Event node in process (jBPM5.4)?
            sanku_74

I am not clear what you said. My case there is a rule task which after evaluation if no rule is found for the process the automated process will stop and error event will inform the system to continue the process manually.

I need one more help I have one process which contains a timer with human task in parallel.After the task is assigned to a user and if the user is not responded within a imeframe mentioned by the timer intervel it will call another process.Please guide I am new to this jbpm.

Thanks and Regards

Raja Ghosh

• 3. Re: How to use the Error Event node in process (jBPM5.4)?
              ashpcs

Can you explain what is mean by " automated process will stop and error event will inform the system to continue the process manually".  Do you mean to say Business process will be completed and someone will  will do te process manually or you want to have a human task in case no rule is found?

• 4. Re: How to use the Error Event node in process (jBPM5.4)?
                swiderski.maciej

Raja Ghosh wrote:

I am not clear what you said. My case there is a rule task which after evaluation if no rule is found for the process the automated process will stop and error event will inform the system to continue the process manually.

this "inform the system" is the crutial part - what i meant is that you could add activity before the error event that will to the heavy work for information - like sending email, providing a user task for it etc

Raja Ghosh wrote:

I need one more help I have one process which contains a timer with human task in parallel.After the task is assigned to a user and if the user is not responded within a imeframe mentioned by the timer intervel it will call another process.Please guide I am new to this jbpm.

use boundary event on the user task and as soon it expires use call activity to start another process.

HTH