8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 2:44 AM by Philipp Schneider

Server to server remote ejb invokation with explicit host

Philipp Schneider Newbie

At first i would like to describe the environment: We run a few instances of JBoss 7 AS in standalone mode. The same set of EJBs (all implementing the same remote interface) is deployed on every Server.

What i need right now is the ability to invoke enterprise beans from any instance on any other. The application will select the server to execute the bean at runtime.

I tried the java SE approach  ("EJB invocations from a remote client using JNDI") from the JBoss 7 developer guide which fails with "SecurityException: EJB client context selector may not be changed". Obviously this is not the way it should be done.

By then i noticed the "EJB invocations from a remote server instance" chapter right next to the SE instructions. However i couldn't find any parameter to specify the destintation server from within the calling application.

Now to my question: Is there a way for an J2EE Application running inside the JBoss 7 server  to invoke a remote interface on an random server ?

Thanks in advance !