8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 10:41 AM by luisdeltoro

Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service

luisdeltoro

I'm trying to test a the rest biding of promoted Camel Service using Switchyard 0.8.0.Final

Because I'm just interested in the binding, I would like to register a MockHandler instead of the actual Camel Implementation.

I've tried to do this by unregistering (SwitchYardTestKit.removeService) the original service (SwitchYardTestKit.registerInOutService) and registering the MockHandler instead.

I can see that in the service registry the camel service is removed and the new service that makes use of the MockHandler is added. The strange thing is that when I run the test the message is still going into the Camel Route.

Is this behaviour normal?

Thanks in advance!

Luis

• 1. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
          kcbabo
          • 2. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
            luisdeltoro

Hi Keith!

I've tried with the replaceService method and I'm still bumping into the same issue...

• 3. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
              kcbabo

Hmm ... works fine for me.   To test, I took the camel-service quickstart and added a test method which replaces the JavaDSL service with a MockHandler:

@Test

public void testCamelRoute2() {

MockHandler handler = testKit.replaceService("JavaDSL");

// write file here so file binding picks it up after service provider is replaced

Assert.assertEquals(1, handler.waitForOKMessage().getMessages().size());

}

Can you provide the source for the test class and your switchyard.xml?

• 4. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
                luisdeltoro

Hi Keith,

after some investigation I was able to pinpoint the problem and reproduce it in the quickstart. Basically in seem to be due to the promoted service that holds the rest binding having a different name than the actual service:

This does not work:

<switchyard xmlns="urn:switchyard-config:switchyard:1.0"
                    xmlns:file="urn:switchyard-component-camel-file:config:1.0"
                    xmlns:swyd="urn:switchyard-config:switchyard:1.0">

<composite xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912" name="camel-service"
                        targetNamespace="urn:switchyard-quickstart:camel-service:0.1.0">
                        <service name="JavaDSLRest" promote="JavaDSLBuilder/JavaDSL">
                            <rest:binding.rest xmlns:rest="urn:switchyard-component-resteasy:config:1.0">
                                <rest:interfaces>org.switchyard.quickstarts.camel.service.JavaDSL</rest:interfaces>
                                <rest:contextPath>rest-binding</rest:contextPath>
                            </rest:binding.rest>
                        </service>
                        <component name="JavaDSLBuilder">
                            <implementation.camel xmlns="urn:switchyard-component-camel:config:1.0">
                                <java class="org.switchyard.quickstarts.camel.service.JavaDSLBuilder"/>
                            </implementation.camel>
                            <service name="JavaDSL">
                                <interface.java interface="org.switchyard.quickstarts.camel.service.JavaDSL"/>
                            </service>
                            <reference name="XMLService">
                                <swyd:interface.esb xmlns:swyd="urn:switchyard-config:switchyard:1.0" inputType="java:java.lang.String"/>
                            </reference>
                        </component>
                        <component name="XMLComponent">
                                <xml path="META-INF/route.xml"/>
                            </implementation.camel>
                            <service name="XMLService">
                                <swyd:interface.esb xmlns:swyd="urn:switchyard-config:switchyard:1.0" inputType="java:java.lang.String"/>
                            </service>
                        </component>
                    </composite>
                </switchyard>

Although this does work:

<switchyard xmlns="urn:switchyard-config:switchyard:1.0"
                    xmlns:file="urn:switchyard-component-camel-file:config:1.0"
                    xmlns:swyd="urn:switchyard-config:switchyard:1.0">

<composite xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912" name="camel-service"
                        targetNamespace="urn:switchyard-quickstart:camel-service:0.1.0">
                        <service name="JavaDSL" promote="JavaDSLBuilder/JavaDSL">
                            <rest:binding.rest xmlns:rest="urn:switchyard-component-resteasy:config:1.0">
                                <rest:interfaces>org.switchyard.quickstarts.camel.service.JavaDSL</rest:interfaces>
                                <rest:contextPath>rest-binding</rest:contextPath>
                            </rest:binding.rest>
                        </service>
                        <component name="JavaDSLBuilder">
                                <java class="org.switchyard.quickstarts.camel.service.JavaDSLBuilder"/>
                            </implementation.camel>
                            <service name="JavaDSL">
                                <interface.java interface="org.switchyard.quickstarts.camel.service.JavaDSL"/>
                            </service>
                            <reference name="XMLService">
                            </reference>
                        </component>
                        <component name="XMLComponent">
                                <xml path="META-INF/route.xml"/>
                            </implementation.camel>
                            <service name="XMLService">
                            </service>
                        </component>
                    </composite>
                </switchyard>

I noticed that when the promoted service and the service have the same name there is just one service in the service registry. When they have different names, there are two.

I still newbie in sca and switchyard matters so I would like to know if my approach is wrong and the promoted service should always have the same name as the service being promoted or if this is a bug.

PS: Please find attached a modified version of the camel service quickstart that reproduces this behaviour.

• 5. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
                  kcbabo

I think this might be a skeleton in the deployment closet.  Can you try to replace *both* names like this:

MockHandler handler = testKit.replaceService("JavaDSL");
                  MockHandler handler = testKit.replaceService("JavaDSLRest");

If that works, then just try this:

MockHandler handler = testKit.replaceService("JavaDSLRest");

thanks,

keith

• 6. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
                    luisdeltoro

Hi Keith,

replacing the promoted service did trick!

It still not clear to me if this is the normal behaviour or we are using just a workaround here...

• 7. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
                      kcbabo

It's a hack in deployer to handle services which are promoted with a different name:

https://github.com/jboss-switchyard/core/blob/master/deploy/base/src/main/java/org/switchyard/deploy/internal/Deployment.java#L473

We should really use reference wiring in that situation instead:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SWITCHYARD-1525

• 8. Re: Registering a MockHandler for a Camel Service
                        luisdeltoro

I understand.

Thanks for the explanation Keith!

Regards,

Luis