2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2013 10:28 AM by zztg16

cache-index-storage

zztg16

I am just moving one of my old project from 3.1.2 to 3.3.0 running under jboss eap 6.1.  In the old 3.1.2 configuration i was using the cache-index-storage tag to define the indexes being written to an infinispan cache, this tag seems to haev been removed, can i store the index in infinispan under 3.3.0 or do I need to store them elsewhere...?

Kind Regards,

Steve

• 1. Re: cache-index-storage
          rhauch

We actually removed the ability to store indexes in Infinispan because it performed poorly, would not cluster properly, and had a number of very difficult-to-fix issues. The only case it did work was in local (non-clustered) repositories, but even in that case storing the files on the local file system was significantly faster.

Apologies for not mentioning that in the release notes or the announcement. That was a oversight on my part.

• 2. Re: cache-index-storage
            zztg16

Hi Randall,

No problem and no need to apologise for anything given the great work you do here.

Sorry for the delay responding, moved house a couple of days after I posted the message and in true british telecom style it's taken them 10 (working) days to restore my broadband......... :-(

Kind Regards,

Steve