1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2003 12:22 PM by magu

IllegalStateException: removing bean lock and it has tx set

magu

Hi,
      I am using JBoss 3.0.4. I have an entity bean that I load using findAll_onload in a stateless sessionbean method which in turn I call in my client.
      I have isolated the load of this entity in this sessionbean method so I can use RequiresNew in assembly-descriptor of the stateless sessionbean method. I also use Required for the entity bean findAll_onload method.

I am getting the exception mentioned in the Subject.
      This is a fairly big table (~300,000) records.

From what I red I understand this is a transaction issue, but I can not get around it.

Here is the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml entry for this querry:

<query-method>
      <method-name>findAll_onload</method-name>
      <method-params/>
      </query-method>
      <jboss-ql><![CDATA[
      SELECT OBJECT(b)
      FROM adb_blockface_r b ORDER BY b.blockId
      ]]></jboss-ql>
      <read-ahead>
      on-load
      <page-size>8</page-size>
      <eager-load-group>basic</eager-load-group>
      </read-ahead>

Is this because the table is big ? It runs fine until reaches around 150,000 - 160,000 records.

If it is a configuration issue why doesn't fail on the first record(s) ?

I apologize if this is a obvious question and I am really gratefull if somebody can point me to a source that explain this.

Cheers,
      Magu

• 1. Re: IllegalStateException: removing bean lock and it has tx
          magu

I forgot to mention that my database is Ingres. Is this maybe caused by the database not supporting nested transactions ? Should I use NotSupported as the trans-attribute ?
          Actually I am testing this right now but it is really slow. I will appreciate if somebody can give me a solution that will not cause the program to slow down.

Thanks