0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2013 7:18 AM by ridgeboy

Problems to deploy a dynamic web app in Eclipse Indigo with JBOSS 5.1

ridgeboy

Hi everyone,

I am doing a training based in JBOSS 5.1 and now we are learning the basic of web apps. My software:

- Eclipse Indigo

- JBoss 5.1

- Ubuntu Linux 12.04

The problem takes place when I create a new Dynamic Web App. Then I try to deploy in JBoss 5.1 inside Eclipse throught the menu "Add and remove..."

This deploys succcesfully the app, but when I try to start the server, it doesn't finish and then I have to stop manually.

I suspect that something was wrong with the server, so then, I copied my project folder to my instance's deploy folder and try to start the server

manually:

my instance -> JB161

my project -> EjemploSeguridad

So I copied from /workspace/EjemploSeguridad to /{JBOSS_HOME}/jbossas/server/JB161/deploy/EjemploSeguridad (in a extended way, that is , the folder itself)

And then I try to start the server manually

~/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/bin$ sh run.sh -c JB161

And this is the log (is attached as a file). In summary this is what happens:

2013-06-22 13:10:40,098 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] (main) Error starting static resources

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: El Documento base /home/ridgeboy/jboss-eap-5.1/jboss-as/server/JB161/deploy/EjemploSeguridad/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml doesn't exist or is not a readable file

at org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:148)

I read in another forum that JBOSS doesn't like extended deployments (without suffixes) so then I deployed the project into a war file (from Eclipse) and then placed the jar file into my deployments folder:

/{JBOSS_HOME}/jbossas/server/JB161/deploy/EjemploSeguridad.war

I started the server again , and it worked

So my question is if there is any place in Eclipse where I could indicate JBOSS that I want to package the project and then deploy it. 

That is because it's more easy to make deployments from Eclipse when I am developing, and the other way rules works, but is very complex if I have to test the web app.

Thanks in advance