0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 12:49 AM by jwyatt1980

Problem with WAB deployment with a JAX-WS endpoint annotated with @HandlerChain

jwyatt1980

Hi all,

I hope I picked the correct forum for this problem/question.

I'm deploying a WAB that has a JAX-WS endpoint. This endpoint is annotated with @HandlerChain. If I deploy this to JBoss EAP 6.1.0GA, the first time it will work. However, if I remove the deployment through the management console and then redeploy the WAB, when I try to invoke the endpoint JBoss throws an exception, but I cannot find any stacktrace to go along with it. Another interesting thing to note is that if I stop JBoss EAP while the WAB is still deployed and restart JBoss I do not see this exception. I've tried to remove all the variables for this problem before posting here. If I remove everything to do with the HandlerChain, I also do not encounter this problem.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm thinking this may be a bug in JBOSS OSGI and nothing to do with my code, but I could be wrong.

I've attached a WAB w/ the @HandlerChain intact and one WAB without the @HandlerChain on the service endpoint.

Useful Information:

Java Version: 1.6.0_45-b06-451-11M4406

JBoss EAP: 6.1.0.GA

Text of the error returned by JBoss:

JBWEB000145: The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

WAB Contents:

WEB-INF/lib:

activation-1.0.2.jar

activation-1.1.jar

jaxb-api-2.1.jar

jaxb-impl-2.1.11.jar

jaxws-rt-2.1.7.jar

log4j-1.2.16.jar

mimepull-1.3.jar

resolver-20050927.jar

saaj-impl-1.3.3.jar

stax-ex-1.2.jar

streambuffer-0.9.jar

Web Service Endpoint: http://localhost:8080/test-ws/testService?wsdl

Web Service Method: splitString - Takes as input a string and returns a list of characters that make up the given string.

SOAPHandler: Looks to see if the SOAP Header contains any information and then prints the information to the log file.

Log File: test-ws.log

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start JBoss using the standalone-osgi.xml configuration file.

2. Deploy test-ws.war using the administration console of JBoss.

3. Test the webservice endpoint, I was using SOAP UI. <---- This should work and return a list of characters that represent the input string given.

4. Remove test-ws.war using the administration console of JBoss.

5. Redploy test-ws.war using the administration console of JBoss.

6. Invoke the webservice endpoint and it should return an error about an internal problem.

Please let me know if anymore information would be helpful.

Thanks,

John