0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 4:59 AM by allopez

Use c3p0 with JBOSS AS 7.1.1

allopez

Hello everyone,

I read in c3p0´s manual: http://www.mchange.com/projects/c3p0/#jboss-specific  that it is possible to use c3p0 library inside JBOSS as an MBean.

Once configured correctly, I would like to reference the new C3P0PooledDataSource in my Java WAR through its JNDI name. As I am using Spring

it would be something similar to:

[src/webapp/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]

<jee:jndi-lookup id="dataSource" jndi-name="java:PooledDS" />

However, I don´t know how to configure this library properly. I tried to place c3p0-0.9.2.1.jar and c3p0-service.xml in the folders commented in the manual

but I had no luck .       

I am currently developing a project which uses a MySql database, so I have instaled the mysql connector inside the JBOSS.

I have to say that if I integrate c3p0 and MySql connector in my project I can deploy it correctly. So...:

• Is it possible to use c3p0 connection pool inside JBOSS AS 7.1.1 as described in its manual? How should I configure it?

I started to "play" with c3p0 because of its large number of configuration properties, but I don´t know if c3p0 is better than embedded JBOSS pooling capabilities.

• Does c3p0 library deserve to be used instead of JBOSS embedded connection pool (i.e. configuring a datasource with the admin console/web) ?

I appreciate any comments to these matters.